Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stay at home mom....I don't think so.

So since Saturday our house has been plagued by the stomach flu and it has not been pretty. First Madison had it. Then Nick and I got it but Madison was ok by then. Then while we were still sick, Tucker got it. Then once we all got better, Madison got it again. AHHH!!! First let me say that I think it should be illegal for both parents to get deathly ill at the same time. When both parents are sick, who is supposed to take care of the kids? I don't know the answer to that but somehow we managed to make it through. With that said, Nick and I were home yesterday with the kids then today I am home with both of the kids.

I used to always think that I wanted to be a stay at home mom. Spending all day playing with my wonderful children, cooking a scrumptious meal for my family, getting all the chores for the house done and basically being suzie homemaker....well I know that is not me. Now don't get me wrong, I love my sweet kids, I love to cook and take care of my family but my brain needs a rest. I think I am a much better person for leaving the house and dropping off my kiddos and going to work some days. Now I would love to be able to only work part time and have the best of both worlds but that just is not possible right now. If we did not have a WONDERFUL babysitter who loves our kids so much, I would have to quit work but I know that she takes such good care of them.

I don't know how someone can stay at home all day and listen to kids complain, whine, gripe, play "I want that" when commercials come on television and so on....after so long...it gets really old. Yes I know that if I did stay at home full time I would be out and about with the kids but still I would be home ALOT. I can not for the life of me keep my house clean with the kids here. Yes I know, a clean house is not that important but I get that trait from my mom, Thanks Mom! I can not stand for my house to be a mess...and as I have cleaned up one thing over the past 2 days then there are little hands behind me messing it up. Yes Madison will help clean up and yes there are rules in my house but at some point in time I like to have a break from being "mom" and I just get to be an adult....I get to be "me".

Well I don't know about you all but I vented and I feel better.

Disclaimer: This post in no way insinuates that being a stay at home mom is harder than working outside the home....I am just saying that it has its challenges as well as working outside the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment