Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowy Day

Well I woke up this morning around 4:30 am as the on call cell phone was ringing. The person on the other end of the line let me know that it was snowing. Snowing??? I didn't even know it was predicted but low and behold it was a beautiful blanket of white powder outside. Not that I got to enjoy it as my phone did not stop ringing all morning. Luckily I have a great husband and good co-workers to help get me through it.

I still have not decided what the content of this blog will be and so far no one knows about it yet so I feel like I am writing to myself which is kind of a cool thought. But for anyone who does eventually start reading my blog, here is a great recipie that I got from a girl at work, Charlotte and she got it from a friend.

Orange Juice Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box lemon instant pudding
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup orange juce
4 eggs
Mix all ingredients and bake in the oven at 325 for 45 - 55 minutes (it is really good in a bundt pan). Do not open the oven while the cake is cooking because it will fall. Once the cake is done, let it cook in the pan and take a knife and put holes in the cake.

Topping
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup margarine
Put these ingredients on the stove and stir till boiling. Then pour the mixture over the cake and let the cake cook before turning the cake out of the pan.

This cake is delicious and goes great with a cup of coffee at 5 am on a snowy morning when your brain is having to do more thinking than you are ever used to.

Thats all for now. Off to enjoy time with the family in the snow and to get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment