Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I can be crafty after all!

I am trying so hard to channel my inner craftiness as I really have a desire to be craft like so many of my friends but this is just not an area that I am good at but lo and behold I did a cute craft project and it was so easy! My craft was a cute little valentine jar of candy. All I did was wash some baby food jars left over from my sweet little Tucker and take the labels off of the jars. (You do have to be really sure to get all the food out of the lid) I spray painted the lids silver, then put candy in the jar. I used red hots and the little sweethearts that you see everywhere at Valentines. I then put the lid back on and tied a small curling ribbon around the lid. Then for an extra special touch I used some puffy paint and put the person's initial on the lid. They make the cutest little Valentines to give to people and I was so proud of my myself. I gave them to my coworkers today along with a cute little princess valentines card (that I took from Madison's stash for her friends) and my coworkers all loved them. (At least that is what they said to my face...they may have really thrown them in the trash when I walked out but I will still so proud. Yippee for me!!! I am crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment