Wednesday, August 31, 2011

When God gives a quiet No.

In my world lately I have been learning how to accept the "quiet no's" in my life. It seems that there have been many times lately when I have asked God for something and He has quietly responded, no, so quiet even sometimes that I think He has possibly not heard me. I have come to realize now over the last week or so that God answers each and every prayer but sometimes it is a quiet no that I have to listen for. This is very difficult because I often find myself asking God for a YES that slaps me in the face. God has presented me with various things over the past couple of months and put things in my mind and when I ask for them He does respond yes at times but other times it is the whisper of no that I hear. We often think that "no" is a bad answer as we always want to be told yes but I think that the No's are just as important and help protect us from bad decisions and bad paths for our lives. I know that when God tells me NO whether He screams it at me or whether He whispers it to me, the answer is No and there is a reason. I may not know the reason or understand the reason but the answer remains the same. I will praise God for the No's that he has whispered to me. The best way to hear the quiet no's is to be still and KNOW that HE is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment