Saturday, August 7, 2010

School is Starting

Well as summer draws to an end, I am reflecting not only on the summer but on the past 4 1/2 years because as of Monday Madison will be starting school. That is right, my girl is old enough to start preschool now. I am not ready for this to happen. She should not be old enough to start school. It seems like just yesterday I was in labor trying to birth my beautiful baby girl. I remember holding her for the first time and looking at her sweet face. How did the time go by so quickly. I remember her first laugh, her first words, her first steps. I remember the way she would only say "mama" when she wanted something or when she was upset. How did the time go by so quickly? I remember her first day at the baby sitter, her first best friend, her first time to hold her baby brother. How did the time go by so quickly?? I remember all of these things just like they all happened yesterday. How is it already time for her to start school????

I know that Madison will do great at school. She is so full of personality, makes friends easily and loves to learn new things. I am really just concerned about how I am going to handle these changes. Am I going to be ok that day? Can I drop her off at school without crying?? Can I at least hold my tears till after I leave her at school? These are the questions that I can't answer now but I will know on Monday....but on monday the question will remain, how did the time go by so quickly?

Now I just look at Tucker and he is almost one. I know that I will blink my eyes and he will be going to school and then in another flash, they will both be graduating and moving on. yes I know this is just part of life but I just wish it would slow down for awhile.

My question remains: How did the time go by so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment