Tuesday, June 29, 2010

YUMMY

If you know my daughter, you know she is not shy at all. A couple of weeks ago she took off to the neighbors house to see their daughter, who is 20 years old (yes Madison is 4). Madison came back awhile later with a plate of food and said that she had been over cooking with Miss Christa. I tasted the food and it was delicious so I begged for the recipe and she willingly gave it to me.

Spinach Ravioli/Pot stickers/Won tons - I don't really know what to call it except YUMMY!
  • 15 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup mozzarella
  • 1/2 Parmesan cheese (the recipe that she gave me did not say 1/2 of what so I just guessed and poured some in)
  • 2 cups fresh spinach (finely chopped)
  • 1 large egg
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • lemon zest to taste (I liked the kick of the the lemon so I added zest from a whole lemon.)
  • 2 tbsp garlic (I used garlic powder and just sprinkled some in)
  • won ton wrappers
  • 1 tsp paprika (ha ha...I am just realizing that I forgot to add this in mine)
Mix all the ingredients (except the wonton wrappers). Place 1 tbsp of filling in center of the wonton. Then brush the edges with water. Fold and pinch edges. (I bought the small wrappers so instead of folding the wrapper, i just put another wrapper on top - yes you do have to use water so that they will stick together). You can boil or pan fry. (I pan fried them).

I did not make anything to go with these....as I ate about 8 of them as they were still cooking. This was my first attempt at making them. They were not the prettiest thing in the world but they were DELICIOUS. I do have some of the mix left over so I am going to try it on a tortilla in the morning and warm it up for breakfast - I hope it tastes as good tomorrow as I hope that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment